Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 3

Amos 7:1-9:15

This was my first trip through Amos and I am glad that I started here because it is a reminder of all of  the beautiful mysteries God has in His Kingdom.  Every time you think you've seen it all there is a surprise that pops out and greets you with new knowledge or understanding.  The prophecy continues and Amos continues even under danger to his life.  It's harsh much like what we all must endure, but it ends with a glimpse of the sweetness to follow.  Ultimately, that is one of the truths of God's Word. Yes, we will suffer and be tested, but the reward of being in His presence awaits us at the end of it all.  A man much wiser than I once said that God promises His people that if it isn't right, it isn't over.  There is great comfort in that thought.

Revelations 3:7-22

The message to the Church in Philadelphia is reassuring as some as the following one is frightening.  Here is God's plan and desire for us in a nutshell.  Here is what he will do if we are obedient.  The next message reminds us that apathy or sluggishness in response to His will is as bad as outright enmity.

Psalm 131:1-3

I have decided to try and pray the last line of this Psalm selection to see if it helps focus me.  "O, Israel, put your hope in the Lord-now and always." I plan on replacing "Israel" with my name and I want it to be earnest and for Him. I also want to remind myself of where I need to build my house and my future.  Beauty for ashes.
Proverbs 29:23
This reminder that pride brings about a fall is an obvious one, but one that we forget.  More sinister we are often taught that pride is an admirable thing to possess. I know I've been poisoned by that very thing at various stages in my life. Including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment