Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Restless

I woke up this morning with the chorus of the song that I assume is called "Restless" in my head.  The refrain, as far as I know, goes " I am restless/ I am restless/ Waiting for you."  No big deal, right?  I cannot tell you who the artist is or if I have the title and lyrics right, but that is what I heard over and over. Sometimes when I wake up and I have songs with a spiritual bent in my head, I wonder if it is a divine thing.  I wonder this because that was not an occurence that normally happened.  Before I started seeking God, it might never happen unless I was listening to a Christian station or I had left church.  I am wary about ascribing His hand in things that could easily just be my mind and thoughts. 

I suppose this is where discernment comes in and I have prayed for it, but, perhaps, not earnestly enough.  I want to know His will, and I want His will to be my will.  Paradoxically, I don't want my will to masquerade as His will because that is something that will be doomed for failure right from the start.

I'm not sure why the song that might be titled"Restless" popped into my head this morning.  Perhaps, it's as a good friend and I discussed the other evening, we are all longing for home and we know that it isn't here.  In fact, we know that basically everything on this plane will dissapoint us and that the material things will ultimately leave us empty and cold.  If true, everlasting fulfillment could be found here, why would we seek Heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment