Monday, December 10, 2012

Opening Volley

This is the first post in what I hope is a year long odyssey through the Bible.  I've tried several times before and failed. Life would get in the way.  Actually, I would let it or command it to get in the way. The danger of having faith and of believing in such a world and nation such as ours is that it is extremely easy to be lukewarm.  We all know what happens to the water that is neither hot nor cold, right? 

Events have caused me to see that I'm either a servant of the Cross or I'm an opponent of the Cross.  My faith does no good if it is a dusty artifact on a shelf or a pristine Bible with an undistressed spine.  If it is not alive and vital then I am not truly doing my part.  If I am not actively engaged and seeking God; then, I am not serving Him.  The truth is that I feel like the majority of my adult life was spent in pursuit of the inconsequential. I'm maintaining this as a way to keep myself honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment