Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 5

Obadiah 1:1-21
This is another prophecy by which the people of Edom learning of their coming destruction for the cruelty they have visited upon Israel.  This is also one of those passages that I feel hold warnings for us all.  It also presents a interesting question for me.  Is it ok to interpret something that is historical in a personal way?  Should I take the warnings for Edom as warnings for my self and others?  Is it irresponsible to take lessons from certain verses and re-apply them to your life in
a different manner?

Revelation 4:1-11
This Passage is reminder of the importance of worship and the ultimate truth that worship is for God and not us. Yes, worship can lift us and build us up, but, as I've come to realize it's an act meant to show our devotion and love.  Ultimately, we worship so that we can express the inexpressible gratitude and amazement we should feel in the Lord' s presence. Soon we won't have to worry about anything other than that.

Psalm 132: 1-22
This acts as a reminder that God will never leave Israel. It's very sobering.

Proverbs 29:24-25

The fear of man is a trap.  I don't know how I can add to that.  It's a truth that holds much freedom.  It's a truth that is freeing. It's freeing because there is nothing to fear any more.  Man can hurt you, but he cannot completely destroy you.

We need eternal life for Heaven.
We need abundant life for now.
I gleaned this from a sermon by Jeff Schreve and it fits this Proverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment